We are looking for a
Senior Backend Developer
Do you want to make a fantastic company even better? We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer.
Besides cutting-edge technology and a bold vision to become the backbone of modern banking, Auka is the result of amazing people working together.
We are not a family, but a strong team of caring individuals. The company has had a fantastic journey, but to scale and write the next chapter in our story we are looking for a dedicated, ambitious and enthusiastic Backend Developer.
We have been around for a while, but we’re still a start-up in our heart and minds, so we all have many roles and responsibilities. We’re looking for an experienced backend developer to help us build robust code and beautiful APIs.
Knowledge and experience of working with transactions, idempotent APIs and doing test-driven development are more important than experience on our specific stack.
We’re a small team and everyone has a hand in almost everything, but your primary task starting will be to help develop and maintain our transaction engine, which sits between our apps, our merchants, and the banks.
- At least few years experience building robust and scalable backend
- A passion for making stuff that is intuitive and easy to use
- Experience from working with transactions, idempotent APIs and test-driven development
- A Python stack running on Google App Engine, using the Google Data Store (NoSQL) as well as BigQuery
- A growing company of 25 people
- A tight-knit tech team of 10 talented developers
- A competitive salary and pension scheme from a company that’s well-funded
- 5 weeks paid vacation
- Paternal/maternal leave in accordance with Norwegian law (up to 12 months)
- Playful, new offices in central Oslo, in walking distance to public transportation, cafés, restaurants, shopping centers, the Oslo fjord, several public parks and a 25-minute subway ride away from a multitude of nature trails
- Focused atmosphere, with two developers per office
- In-house gym facilities and canteen in the office building
If you want to apply, we want:
- A CV with info on what have you done so far – not as a list of names and buzzwords, but as you would explain it to another programmer over a cold beverage
- What your favorite technical stack is, and more importantly, why
- Why you work as a developer and what your dream project is
For information and questions, please contact our CTO Erlend Halvorsen: +47 450 63 191
To apply, send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org